About the Library
Oshwal College Library is located on the 2nd Floor of the Main Block. The Library’s core business is the acquisition, organization, preservation and dissemination of information to end users in support of academic, research and teaching excellence in the College. It has a rich collection of information materials in both print and non-print formats. These include volumes of up-to-date books, periodicals and Newspapers.
- To acquire relevant information in all formats and facilitate timely access to authoritative and up-to-date information through proper organization of these resources.
- Provide a serene and conducive environment for study and research.
- To impart information literacy skills to the users through provision of user education.
- To acquire and use new, emerging, and established technological platforms in support of research, teaching and learning, and to facilitate collaboration with other libraries locally and internationally.
- To create and enhance reading and research culture that supports the College’s unique programs and initiatives.
Who is eligible to use the library?
- Registered students for the Current Semester
- College Staff
Core Library Services
- Circulation services
- Reference and referral services
- Current awareness services
- Selective Dissemination of Information(SDI)
- Training and research support
Borrowing Books and other Resources
Registered members are allowed to borrow library information resources as per the library policy which is available on request from the Librarian.
Books not returned by the due date attract fines as per the library’s lending policy.
NB: Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are included in calculating all the fines for overdue materials.
|Monday to Friday:
||08.30 AM- 7.45PM
||08.30 AM- 4.00 PM
The Library is closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
In its endeavor to support academic, research and teaching needs of the College, the library has a rich and diverse collection consisting of the latest books, newspapers, journals and magazines such as Forbes Africa, Management, CIO East Africa, Supply Management, ACCA Student Accountant, ACCA Accounting and Business Magazine, Harvard Business Review, CFA Journal, The Accountant Journal, ABE Student Focus, ABE Business Executive, and Oshwal Youth Magazine among others. To supplement the print collection, the library provides free high-speed wireless and wired internet connections in order to facilitate easy and timely retrieval of information in electronic formats.
Rules and Regulations
- Order and silence must be maintained at all times in the Library.
- Smoking, eating, drinking and sleeping in the Library is prohibited.
- Briefcases, bags, overcoats, hats, umbrellas, etc., are not allowed in the book/shelf area.
- Borrowers must present a valid college card to check out materials
- Stealing or attempting to steal a library document or any of the library property is an offence. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the offender.
- The library will not take responsibility for loss or damage of personal property left in the reading and baggage areas.
- Mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbances should not be used in the library unless their use is silent.
- Ink bottles, paints etc., which may accidentally damage library materials are not allowed into the library.
- Damage of library materials, equipment, property, or building is prohibited and must be reported immediately to the librarian. Those responsible must pay for the damage.
- The Library reserves the right to ask any person to stop using computer equipment if the library staff has reasonable grounds to believe that that person is misusing it.
- Computers are provided for the purpose of research and other educational endeavors. Misuse of these facilities is prohibited.
You can contact the College Librarian or Assistant College Librarian for any queries via:
Telephone: +254 729 644 691 / +254 733 707 902
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org